Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Spooky Story by Rebecca Kennan

I got an eerie feeling as I approached the haunted house. I turned the rusty, old key in the door and nervously pushed it open. As I entered the house the door shut suddenly behind me. There were cobwebs everywhere. I screamed when I saw a huge spider on the wall. There was a musty smell. It was dark and damp. A huge staircase loomed before me. I started to climb.
Dim lights spanned the stairway walls flickering on and off constsntly. As I neared the top of the stairs the last few steps creaked very loudly. I pushed open a big dark heavy door and when I got in I jumped because two big fat rats scampered across the creaking floor boards. In one corner of the room there was a big cauldron held over a huge fire with steam rising from it. There was obviously something being cooked in it, and I didn't care what! Thinking fast, I backed out of the room and just as I was doing so I bumped into something solid. It was a witch!! She stared at me with a big toothless grin and said, '' Lovely, you're just the perfect little girl to spice up my brew''. I screamed with fright and as I ran blindly to the door I accidently knocked her over. I stopped to look back quickly and she had landed in her own cauldron. I think she found the spice she needed!